DVR Operation – Backup
Backing up your important files is helpful when wanting to save footage. To backup your files insert a USB Flash Drive into the rear of the DVR and follow the instructions below.
To backup files:
Before backing up any files please make sure you connect an external flash memory using the top USB input to the back of the DVR.
- Select a Start Time and an End Time for your search using the calendar icon.
- Select the channels you want to search using the check boxes below the Start Time and End Time fields. Selected channels will be marked with a check mark.
- Select the Search Button. The image screen will populate with the first available image.
- Select the file you’d like to backup by checking the box next to the file.
- Select the Backup button to copy the files to your external hard drive.
- Select the Start button at the bottom of the “Backup Information” screen to begin your file transfer. The progress bar will begin to fill. Once the transfer is complete, you’ll get a message notifying you that the backup is complete. See below for more information on the Backup Information screen.
Before backing up your recordings you will see the screen below. Confirm the information and select “Start” to begin backing up your recordings.
Information displayed on this screen includes:
- Start Time: The date and time the recording starts.
- End Time: The date and time the recording ends.
- The Number of Files: The number of files being transferred to USB device.
- Size[GB]: The size of the USB device.
- Storage Media: The name of the device you are transferring your files to.
- Free[GB]: The amount of free space remaining on your USB device.
- Save File Type: The file type of the exported files. All devices are defaulted to .AVI for maximum playback compatibility.
- Progress Bar: This bar will show you the progress of your file transfer.
Once the Backup is complete, you will see the following screen: